Police agencies in the Portland Metro area have routinely not investigated crashes appropriately. As funding and coverage for departments has dropped, there has been more of an adoption from agencies to have involved parties in a crash, exchange information. What happens is that witnesses are not identified or questioned, the scene is not diagramed, good statements are not obtained from drivers, surveillance video is not solicited, and ultimately there is just a poor job done regarding crash investigation. I have investigated 100’s of crashes over my Military Police career and Law Enforcement career.
The following are crash investigations that I can assist with:
• Interview witnesses and involved parties
• Diagram the scene
• Locate surveillance video that may have recorded the crash
• Surveillance to photo/record fraudulent reported injuries
• Attempt to locate witnesses not identified
• Photograph the scene
• Note the weather condition and lighting on the road
• Marine crash investigation
Again, there is so much to crash investigations. It’s up to you whether you hire the investigator that only has investigated after the fact or a person like me that responded to 100’s of crashes over a career and has real world experience at an actual crash scene.